Hurricane Ike Party Set 1
----------------------------
Simple Man
- channeling my inner southern rock goddess!
Closer to the Heart
- "You can be the captain, and I will draw the charts..." I love me some Rush.
When You Were Young
- the title of this blog post is a line from this song... it's the one that goes "he doesn't look a thing like Jeeeeeesus...."
Juke Box Hero
- one of those poke me with a pin to hit the high notes songs AND it reminds me of ninth grade, ouch!
Emminence Front
- look out, Jeff Miller! hehehe
I Need A Miracle
- ev-e-ry day... maybe this one especially though, huh?
Sunny D showing Ike how she feels about things:
But now we're back on Channel 2 (well, actually channel 312 so we have live hurricane coverage in HIGH DEF no less) and hearing a little bit of relatively good news. They're saying the winds are lower than predicted, it's stayed category 2, and the eye is almost on shore.
As far as here, it's just windy...barely raining yet, but Tim (and Frank!) keeps saying it will start getting worse soon. I keep thinking I hear rain and realizing it's the disco ball's motor above my head. HAHAHAHA! More fun when rocking, but it does make watching the news a little less intense.
I added some more pics to the kodakgallery album too (link to it's in the last post). Obviously we're making the best of things. Thanks for all the positive support, phone calls, texts, and the love from all over. We're feeling it!
Lots of love and safety to everyone else going through this -- leave comments if you can so we know you're okay, and don't forget to call if you guys need anything, we're in the neighborhood! Come on everybody, here we goooooooooooooooooo!
(Seriously... the news peeps keep saying our electricity might go soon, don't worry if I stop posting abrubtly.)
Thanks for the updates & the pix! Good to know that y'all are doing OK so far. Watching the radar, looks like it started hitting you a bit ago - good luck!
ReplyDeleteI love that Moonshine Summit was welcoming in the storm.
Rock it! Greg.
hey WWs how is everyone today? i imagine no power, but look forward to your safe and sound reports when it's back on. crazy watching this on the news from here in CA!
ReplyDelete