3.25.2015

please elucidate, please elaborate

I found this today in my blog drafts.  Except for the part where I was wondering who might be reading my blog (no one - I haven't been posting), the rest is still 100% applicable.  The last line, more now than ever. Welcome to my Charmed Life.

3/13/2009:
I'm looking back over my rather sparse, I know, blog entries and wondering if people who read my blog...okay first, do people read my blog? Probably not. But if they did, would they look at my subject lines and think I'm really not very good at titles, or would they get that I always put a line from the song running through my head while I'm writing? Kind of a blog soundtrack, if you will. Usually a line from a song if it fits, or maybe a song title. Sometimes the song itself fits the subject of my blog, or IS the subject of my blog. Other times a line from a song just pops into my head that out of context makes a good title. Either way, writing pretty much always puts a song into my head. I think if anyone did read my blog, it would be fun to ask people to comment and name that tune. So, if you're reading this, go for it. Because it would be fun.

The other thing I guess I should explain is why I call this thing Charmed Life. I've been accused of having one, and it was such a funny idea to me the most memorable time it happened that it's always stuck with me. Or, I've held onto it, adopted it. I like the idea of it, how it's both ironic and true. I mean on one hand, I've had the opposite of a charmed life. But I can see what he meant. For some reason, things work out for me. They just always do. It can look really bleak, and seem really impossible, but almost miraculously things will come together and work out well. It's good for me to be putting this into words right now because I'm having some dark days and I've not been feeling very charmed. But I know it's coming...time for me to get it together and make things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment